Manchester United midfielder Paul Pogba has said his house was broken into while he was playing in the Champions League game against Atletico Madrid.
Paul Pogba with his wife María Zulay and their first son Shakur (Twitter photo)
- Paul Pogba says his house was broken into while children were inside
- Pogba was playing a Champions League game when his house was broken into
- Pogba says he was informed of the break-in after the game
Manchester United midfielder Paul Pogba announced on Wednesday that his “worst fears have come true” after Atletico Madrid broke into his house during his side’s Champions League elimination.
Pogba married Bolivian model María Zulay Salaues in 2019 and they have two children together. Pogba and Zulay became parents with the birth of their first son, Labile Shakur, on January 3, 2019. They welcomed their second son into the world in 2020.
In a post on Twitter, the France midfielder said his “babies were sleeping in their bedroom” when Tuesday’s burglary took place. Pogba came off the bench as Manchester United fell from the Champions League after a 1-0 loss to Atletico Madrid. The incident happened during the game and Pogba rushed home along with his wife Zulay.
— Paul Pogba (@paulpogba) March 16, 2022
Pogba wrote on social media: “Last night our family’s worst nightmare came true when our house was broken into and broken into while our babies were sleeping in their bedroom. The burglars were in our home less than five minutes, but in that time it took from us something more valuable than anything we had in our home…our sense of security and security.
“This happened in the final minutes of last night’s game when they knew we wouldn’t be home. My wife and I rushed home not knowing if our children were safe and unharmed. As a father, there is no worse feeling in this world than not being there to protect your children and I sincerely hope no one ever has to feel what I felt last night. Because of this, I’d like to offer a reward to anyone who has a lead to help us. Please send an info to [email protected]”
He said the dip came in the final minutes of United’s 1-0 defeat by Atletico, which eliminated the England side. Pogba, who has offered a reward for information, said he was informed of the break-in after the game.
Manchester United are understood to be working to strengthen their players’ home security. Earlier this season, defender Victor Lindelof’s home had been targeted.