ECB hand Jason Roy has faced a two-game ban for undisclosed misconduct

England opener Jason Roy has been banned for two games for “behaving in a way that may harm the interests of cricket” and discrediting it.

ECB hand Jason Roy faced two-game ban for undisclosed misconduct (Reuters Photo)

ECB hand Jason Roy faced two-game ban for undisclosed misconduct (Reuters Photo)

HIGHLIGHTS

  • England opener Jason Roy has been fined £2,500 by the ECB
  • Roy has been suspended from international cricket for two games
  • The England and Wales Cricket Board announced the sanctions

England opener Jason Roy has been fined £2,500 and banned from international cricket for two games, the country’s Cricket Board (ECB) said on Tuesday. Roy’s ban applies to the next two England games for which he is eligible but has been ‘banned for 12 months conditional on good behavior’.

The ECB or the Cricket Discipline Commission (CDC), the body that hears disciplinary cases in domestic play in England and Wales, has not specified the incident he was charged with.

“The CDC has announced its sanction against Jason Roy after he admitted a charge of conduct in a way that may be detrimental to the interests of cricket or that violates the game of cricket, the ECB and himself in violation of the ECB in bring Directive 3.3 into disrepute,” the board said in a statement.

The CDC further ruled that Roy “will be suspended for the next two England games for which he can be selected, but that the punishment should be suspended for 12 months, pending good behavior”. He was also fined £2,500 ($3,309.75).

The 31-year-old, who has 98 one-day caps and 58 Twenty20 caps for England, retired from the Indian Premier League (IPL) earlier this month and said global events over the past three years have taken their toll on him would have demanded.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *