Wriddhiman Saha reveals the name of the journalist who threatened him during a meeting with the BCCI committee

Wriddhiman Saha provided full details of his interaction with the unnamed journalist, including his identity, during his meeting with the three-member BCCI committee formed to investigate his threatening allegations.

Wriddhiman Saha reveals the name of the journalist who threatened him to the BCCI (AFP Photo)

HIGHLIGHTS

  • Wriddhiman Saha met with BCCI’s three-member committee on Saturday
  • The committee was formed to investigate his allegations of threats from a journalist
  • Saha did not name the journalist but shared a screenshot of his conversation

Indian wicketkeeper Wriddhiman Saha has revealed the details of his interaction with the journalist who threatened him in person and also revealed the name of the person in question during his meeting with the three-member committee set up by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) to investigate the much-publicized issue.

BCCI Vice-President Rajiv Shukla said Saturday that Saha had given the committee all the necessary information and it would be passed on to the board.

the BCCI had formed a 3-member committee to investigate into allegations that Saha had received threats from a journalist who sent him a series of messages threatening him for not agreeing to an interview.

Rajiv Shukla, Treasurer Arun Dhumal and BCCI Top Councilor Prabhtej Singh Bhatia were part of the three member committee formed by the Board.

The senior India wicketkeeper took to Twitter on February 19 to share his screenshot Conversation with the journalist who appeared to be threatening the cricketer for not agreeing to speak to him about the Test snub.

Saha later said in a social media post that he did not want to reveal the journalist’s identity on any public platform, but stressed that he would do so if the BCCI asked for details.

Sharing the screenshots of the news, Saha wrote on Twitter: “After all my coverage of Indian cricket…this is what I expect from a so-called ‘respected’ journalist! This is where journalism has gone (sic).” In a one-way exchange of messages, the journalist was seen telling Saha that he was hurt because the wicketkeeper didn’t respond to his calls and that he didn’t take insults well.

Saha has received numerous messages of support as former cricketers including ex-head coach Ravi Shastri, Virender Sehwag and RP Singh have reacted harshly to threats against the senior Indian wicketkeeper.

India did not select Saha in the 18-man squad for the forthcoming 2-Test series and the wicketkeeper told the media he was told by team management and the selection committee that he planned to look beyond him and nurture a young wicketkeeper.

Head coach Rahul Dravid told the press after India’s 3-0 T20I win over the West Indies last month that he was not at all hurt as Saha told the media about their talk about the wicketkeeper’s future in the Test Cricket told.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *